Have you heard? Elliott Counseling Group now has a new, furry therapist on staff... that's right! Mack, our beloved Brittany Spaniel puppy is ready to give extra love and affection to clients during sessions.
- Instantly relax and boost mood
- Provide comfort, safety, and security
- Reduce loneliness
- Increase mental stimulation and memory recall
- Reduce initial resistance to therapy
In fact, sessions with an animal present have been proven to lower stress and anxiety levels by up to 50%! But that's not all-- sessions with animals present also positively affect physical realms of health, including:
- Lower blood pressure and stabilizing heart rate
- Create a normal breathing pattern
- Lessen chronic pain
- Increase language production and dialogue, especially those with Autism
- Increase the likeliness of future appointment attendance
Mack can be taken into sessions free of charge. He is ready to provide clients with unconditional affection and support. If you would like more information, click here for Animal Assisted Therapy page.