Human Resource Specialist
Join a fast-paced, flexible team who enjoys working hard, laughing together, and personal growth. We enjoy creative problem solving and the excitement that comes with continual business growth. We believe in embracing the individual abilities and interests of each person on our team. Although there’s a description of your position below, expect to it to evolve and change as your strengths shine and interests grow. This position has the opportunity to grow into a management level position based on interest and performance. Duties would vary based on level of responsibility.
Elliott Counseling Group is looking for a skilled HR Coordinator with a positive and outgoing attitude to join our team! The person in this role is responsible for all aspects of Human Resources including the support of business needs and ensure the proper implementation of company strategy and objectives.
Our ideal HR Coordinator should promote our values and enable business success through job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, and talent management. This candidate should be innovative in their recruitment and retainment efforts and accurately report their efforts, successes, and failures to the Executive Management team with a forward-looking plan based on their results.
This team member may be responsible for...
- Managing monthly data reports to evaluate performance and retention for review by executive management.
- Prepare materials for and schedule interviews, employment reviews, disciplinary meetings, etc.
- Recruiting, interviewing and assisting in the selection of employees to fill vacant positions.
- Planning and conducting new employee on-boarding and orientation, fostering a welcoming and positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Providing information on Company benefits, policies, and procedures as appropriate. As well as managing various benefits, including internal procedures and external vendor communication.
- Being knowledgeable and current on both evolving and evergreen employment policies (compensation, equal employment opportunities, affirmative action, etc.)
- Assisting executive managers with termination procedures, performance reviews, disciplinary procedures/actions, etc.
- Creating and conducting and/or seeking quality training for managers/staff regarding human resources policies and practices. Including but not limited to: safety, sexual harassment, labor laws, etc.
- Levelized Medical Insurance (not dependent on age!) with 50% employer paid premium
- Affordable and quality vision & dental insurance
- Short term disability
- Simple IRA with employer match
- 2 weeks of Paid time off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Family-Sabbatical Leave
- Plus more!
To be a successful member of our team you should...
- Have a sense of humor (sarcasm and laughter are our love languages)
- Have a compassionate heart- we care about each other and our community
- Be flexible. It’s not uncommon to see the CEO sorting the recycling or the business manager moving couches in heels! You might have to learn the basics of reception duties or how to clean a Keurig (team work!)
- Have interest in personal growth and development
- Be dedicated. We’re not a team that does the minimum. We go the extra mile and show up for our teammates
- Be innovative. We don’t have a map guiding the next steps all the time, we have to map the next step ourselves
Our Human Resources Specialist should have...
- Knowledge of Labor Laws, EEOC, ADA, and Affirmative Action compliance procedures
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies and practices
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret most complex documents. Write reports and conduct research
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Knowledge of appropriate conversational style and ability to deal effectively with staff
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Good sense of humor and well-grounded personality to cope with varied, stressful and at times difficult subject matter
- Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure is essential
Email us at Careers@ecgstaff.com
Elliott Counseling Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We are always interested in including more quality providers, expanding our services and areas of expertise, and creating more diversity on our team.