Presenter/Facilitator: Dirk Mol LPC, LCPC (Maryland), NBCC
Overall Goals of the Seminar
- enhance understanding of the prevalence of trauma
- sensitize therapists to the signs of trauma in their clients
- provide awareness of the relationship between developmental trauma and specific traumatic experiences
- teach specific techniques for stabilizing traumatized clients and enabling trauma resolution
- review the range of treatment modalities that are available in the field today
Dirk Mol LPC, LCPC, (Md), NBCC
-Elliott Counseling Group
***The sessions are experiential.
***Homework will involve at least an hour of reading each week
While the series is primarily for Clinicians and Case Managers, the nature of the material promises to be informative and enlightening for the following disciplines as the total mind/body nature of trauma and trauma solutions are explored. All our eligible for CEUs: Therapists; Counselors; Social Workers; Marriage and Family Therapists; Nurses and Nurse Practitioners; Occupational Therapists; Physical Therapists; and PTA's.
CEUs are brought to you by Elliott Counseling Group and the Continuing Education Institute of Illinois
Elliott Counseling Group
309 W. Clark Street
Champaign, IL 61820
What participates say about Spring 2016 Level One Understanding and Treating Trauma Seminar:
Based on the Book:
The Body Keeps the Score
by Bessel van der Kolk
as the primary text
Cost: $290 (Call for pricing details if you work for a non-profit 217-398-9066)
Registration Form- Please register here to sign up for the Seminar. Someone from our office will contact you to confirm your spot.